Sunday, November 27, 2005

welcome to the neighborhood!

Some jackass smashed the window of my car and stole my cd player. What a fine welcome to the neighborhood.

At least they didn't get much. The cd player isn't a car cd player, but rather a dirty, cracked portable boombox that I had previously used in my workroom. When the stereo in my car finally bought the farm I just got a power inverter (which was also stolen), plugged it into my cigarette lighter socket and had music again. So these morons broke into my car for a crappy cd player and a crappy power inverter.

Now my car is really ratty, 12 years old, and powered by gerbils anyway so fixing the damned window will probably cost more than the whole thing is worth. But it always starts and is cheap to run, so I'm keeping it until it dies (although there are times I wish it would so I could justify buying something else).

Not too worried about the cd that was in the player at the time as I burn copies of cds I like for the car and keep the original in the house. It would have upset me terribly to have lost the original of that cd.

So now I have to get the car window fixed, buy another portable cd player for the car (probably get one with a DC adaptor this time), and burn another cd. And I have to make sure to bring the cd player in with me every time now too. Don't want to reward the little fuckers anymore. Pain in the ass.

But it could be worse. I could be the dumb fuck who stole the stuff.

4 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

Sorry to hear about the theft; it feels awful to have something stolen, if it is old and run down; "OK it's crap, but it's MY crap!" At least you didn't have a Church CD in it at the time...right?

Maybe buy a little mp3 player with a radio doodad so you can take it with you wherever you go and not have a CD player in the car at all; that's what I ended up doing and I'm much the happier for it. Good luck!

11:53 PM  
Blogger eek said...

awww.... thanks for the comment, Brian. I figured as long as I set this blog up I might as well use it. :)

Actually, it was a Church cd, but I always burn a copy of my Church cds if I'm going to take them anywhere and the original stays in the house. So it was just a burned copy. If it had been an original, I have to track down the moron who took it and hurt him. Badly.

I think I will look into the mp3 option...that does sound like a good idea.

2:48 AM  
Blogger subcultureofone said...

hi eek!
it's good to 'see' you again. sorry to hear about the theft, too. theiving idiot prob'ly won't even appreciate the music. i hope you keep blogging, and thanks for posting about sk's blog.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there! Sorry about the theft. And I thought your new town was a cool place.

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home