Sunday, January 04, 2009

Spirituallessness

I don't think that's really a word, but it works so I'm using it. So there!

I've come to the conclusion that I am the least spiritual person on earth. It just doesn't do anything for me. At all. None of it. And looking back I realise it never has done anything for me.

I don't feel past lives or energy from things or see auras around things (except when I'm driving in fog -- then headlights of oncoming cars have a bit of an aura, but I'm pretty sure that's not what people mean when they talk of seeing auras ;-) ). I've never "felt" any of the people that have been close to me that have died. They are just gone and nothing except the memories I have of them remain. I've often felt this makes the thought of dying myself easier, but having people you love die is harder.

Usually it doesn't bug me, because how can you miss what you don't feel exists, but every once in a while when I read or hear so many people pondering their spiritual journeys I do feel like the odd person out. Over the years I have checked out various belief systems and such, because I figured if most everyone else seems to be into something along that line there must be something to it. But to me it always felt fake...just some fantasy.

What is worse than someone constantly pondering their spirituality? Someone pondering their lack of spirituality. Lol! So I'll quit and go to bed. (Thank you! I hear you all say. :-) ) Besides, I promised the dog I'd take him for a little walk tomorrow morning before I go off to the shop. He'll be so happy. Actually he doesn't do much walking -- he mostly sniffs stuff and pees. But he's really happy anyway. :-)

4 Comments:

Blogger General Catz said...

The thing about spirituality is you can take it or leave it. I think that's the point -- it's a choice, not a dogma. Take what you need and leave the rest... la la.

I believe there's loads more in heaven and earth, Horatio, etc. etc. (badly quoting shakespeare). However, our tiny brains can't comprehend them so we try and gain that knowledge any way we can. It's just our way.

3:15 PM  
Blogger veleska1970 said...

spirituality is so subjective~~everybody has their own ideas about it. some are zealous and some are not. (i'm not...heh heh heh).

i don't really dwell on my spirituality as much as i do my earthy troubles. after all, the "earthy" ones are the ones i have to deal with right now, not in some unforeseen future realm of existence.

you mention that you've never "felt" any of your dead loved ones. have you ever had any dreams about them? although i really don't "feel" my mom, i have dreams of her all the time. sometimes she interacts with me, sometimes she's just there in the background. but she always knows that's she is dead and i do, too.

years ago i went on a "spiritual" journey myself, much like you described. i studied various belief systems too. it was then i discovered that spirituality is subjective. there is no wrong or right way to perceive it; it is what it is.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Queen Hatshepsut said...

I find spirituality very difficult; like a constant struggle to find a shoe that fits correctly. (yeah also I'm still catching up on blogs too).

I guess my most spiritual moments happen with 'earthly' things: loving my cats, listening to a great piece of music, staring at a magnificent piece of art, listening to the ocean, being out in nature...

I agree with Catz...I think the unseen is all around us...but for me, it pretty much remains just that...unseen.

2:37 AM  
Blogger Freddie said...

Spirituality excites me very much
I constantly feel like something is just beyond reach
In fact, I long for quiet times
that would allow me to pursue it.
Unfortunately, there’s not much time for that.
I probably should be in a monastery somewhere
instead of working away with an incessant phone ringing…
ugh!
But I agree with Veleska,
it's subjective all the way.

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home