Thursday, June 17, 2010

The National

I know I'm rather late to the party regarding The National, but I'm really enjoying them. I've heard and liked some of their songs over the past few years, but the songs I heard leading up to their newest release (High Violet) I found I really liked, so I had to buy the album. And so far I'm loving it. I might even spash out big and buy another of their albums. lol

If the player below doesn't play the show for you, here's a link to their show at this year's Bonnaroo Festival. It's pretty close to a full length show -- an hour and a half and 20 songs.



They are playing in Columbus on August 2 and I'd love to see them, but I find it really hard make myself go to stuff like this even when I want to. Social anxiety/excessive shyness sucks. (Yeah, I know I make it to the church shows, but I get so nervous about going I often feel like vomiting for weeks before the first show. It ain't pretty.) Still, I keep checking to make sure tickets are still available...I might just be able to shock myself and just fucking go on the night.

3 Comments:

Blogger Freddie said...

Wow, I never would've imagined you have social anxiety and shyness. That is not the impression you gave the few times I've met ya!

8:25 AM  
Blogger veleska1970 said...

go and have a great time!! you won't regret it. :)

10:31 AM  
Blogger General Catz said...

just go, stand at the back near the soundboard. best sound in the house and usually only a handful of people. This is what i did for U2, and if it was empty at the back for them it will be for anyone. And these were the instantly sold out shows in 2005. Everyone wants to be at the front, leaving you lots of room.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home