Thursday, May 11, 2006

vale

So Grant McLennan's funeral is set to start in a few minutes. Obviously I didn't know him except through his music, and even then really only through the Jack Frost project. I always intended to get several Go-Betweens and solo albums though, and probably will now. Sad that his death is the thing that triggers me to do it.

Anyway, I'm listing to the two Jack Frost cds now as my little remembrance. Can't help but smile during some of the songs (esp. on the first cd) as they seem to be having such a blast. And the video for "Thought I Was Over You" is a lot of fun to watch. I hope the happy times re-emerge as the dominant memories for those close to him.

2 Comments:

Blogger General Catz said...

first off, i apologize for sp errors, i'm sick and a bit drunk from meeds.

i read about grant too. very sad. i listened to the go-betweens a lot back in the old days. cause of death is a bit sketchy, i just hope it wasn't suicide.

been waxing poetic about sk on my blog, you might wanna check it out. if you have msn messenger, maybe we can add each other some time.

3:51 PM  
Blogger eek said...

I read the autopsy showed a massive heart attack. Seems awful to say I hope so, but well, that would be best.

I do have MSN Messenger -- just downloaded it a few weeks ago. :-) I'm kiabgoa and it's a hotmail addy.

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home