Monday, May 21, 2007

Little Black Cat



This is a little stray tomcat that has been hanging around the house getting attention and food. Right now Little Black Cat (or LBC) is his name -- mostly because I'm not totally convinced that he doesn't have a home. He's awfully friendly and is very used to people, but hasn't been fixed so I wonder if he's just making the rounds and will go home when he feels like it. Nevertheless he comes around at least once a day and yowls for me to come out and give him attention and food (he has a bit of that "where's my dinner, wench?" look on his face in the pic doesn't he?).

He's even come in the house a few times. Most of the cats don't mind him and even kind of like him, but Oscar was furious Saturday night. He was all puffed up and screeching at LBC and I really thought I was going to have a catfight on my hands. LBC didn't want to fight though, he just very slowly and quietly moved away and came into the kitchen to be let back outdoors. He didn't even puff up -- it was as if he wanted to remain as unobtrusive as possible. How cool is that -- an un-neutered tomcat who won't get drawn into a fight? If he hangs around much longer I'm going to set up a neutering appointment. Even if I don't get to keep him, he's better off neutered. And there are enough unwanted cats and kittens as it is without him making a bunch more.


And has anyone else noticed that blogger is now automatically saving your drafts as you write them? So I guess that means there will be no more SK blog entries titled fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Poor guy, he had quite a time losing blogs for a while there. The automatic save has been one of my favourite features of gmail, so I was tickled when I saw the notation blogger was doing it too.

5 Comments:

Blogger veleska1970 said...

LBC appears to be one smooth dude~~getting his dinner and love from the neighbors, backs down from a confrontation, and he's purrrty, too. i love black cats. you're right, eek~~he DOES have a home and he's just making the rounds. i had a cat once that did that. george would go to every house on the block, but at night he always laid his sweet head down at our house. i miss george. LBC makes me think of him.

yes, the "instant save" is a nice feature~~i've lost blogs like that, too. but thank God i can type fast and pretty much recall what i wrote. i imagine it's a little more difficult for a two-finger typist like steve. ;)

9:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

pretty cat. I once had a young black kitty named Diesel. LBC looks like an older version.

2:42 PM  
Blogger snowfaller said...

LBC rocks!

One of my cats is a rescued stray. His mom still lives down the street (my neighbor and I caught her and got her fixed).

Ah, the life of a cat...

Should we be worried about SK typing as much as he has been lately????

11:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

my kids like this cat.

8:54 AM  
Blogger eek said...

I'm going to try to get a pic of (BOC) Battered Old Cat, who's also been hanging around and getting free meals. He's quite a sweet kitty too, but most definitely a "street" kitty -- not what anyone would call pretty. Still I think he quite likes the attention and company, and I know he likes the food. Even battered old cats who aren't very pretty deserve love and comfort. :-)

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home