Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Birthday to

ME!!!! :-)

Yep, today is my birthday and I'm hoping to slide under the radar this year. Not entirely or I wouldn't have made a blog post noting it now, but the only people in the area that would do anything are my brother and his girlfriend and I'm just not in the mood to have to be at all social. Of course, considering my brother generally doesn't consider much of anything that doesn't revolve around him to be worth his time, sliding under the radar shouldn't be hard.

I'm thinking that making some microwave popcorn, breaking open a couple of wine coolers, and watching a movie (almost certainly with a bunch of cats piled on top of me -- it's winter so they suddenly love me) sounds pretty appealing. It will most likely be a light, fun movie. I bought The Sting a few months ago (in honour of Paul Newman), so I might watch that. Haven't seen it in years.

I have some other crap to write about, but it's late and I'm tired, so I'll have to do that later. Some of it is even interesting. Hmm...maybe it's only interesting to me.

6 Comments:

Blogger Freddie said...

Happy Birthday eek!!!
Hope it's a good one.

Looking forward to reading about your other crap later. :-P

8:53 AM  
Blogger General Catz said...

How can it be late? It's still daytime! Hope you enjoy your day.

10:51 AM  
Blogger veleska1970 said...

all together now:

happy birthday to you,
happy birthday to you,
happy birthday dear holly,
happy birthday to you

hope you have a good day!!

hugz

11:54 AM  
Blogger Queen Hatshepsut said...

Happy Birthday my dear! Hope it was a nice one. Oddly enough, today is my brother's birthday too!

And father's deaths a day apart - I'd forgotten about that.

February - a month packed full o' big days! Hope you snuggled under a bunch of loving kitties. My cat is wailing for me in the other room Idiot!

Love ya,
Denise

11:19 PM  
Blogger Queen Hatshepsut said...

So how was it? My brother bitched that his birthday was lousy. He needs to clue in that he is 39 years old and Ronald McDonald isn't coming to his fucking parties anymore. He has a kid. It's all about HER parties now.

Jebus!

6:28 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Happy birthday, Holly. I got my blogs mixed up so ignore my comment on earlier blog. I hope you had a good day. I keep a low profile on my b'days too. No one at my work even acknowledged when I turned 50 (some knew, just ignored it) screw 'em. That was 8 yrs ago.

Be good to yourself.

love,
Sandy

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home