Tuesday, January 31, 2006

well this isn't very exciting.....

Heading off to bed as soon as I finish this entry. Early for me, but I need to get my ass in gear and get my work area set up so I can make stuff. Pretty hard to sell what you don't have. And even though I'm often fairly alert at night, I find it easier to do the work required to set up my work area during the day. So...I'm working on getting up earlier. We'll see how long that lasts.

My cat Max goes to the vet tomorrow for a quick checkup. Amazing how expensive a quick checkup can be. :-( He has hyperthyroidism and that can cause other problems too. His thyroid levels are now in good shape and he has gained a nice amount of weight (but most likely won't ever get back to 12+ lbs which was a nice weight for him. He's a shade over 9 lbs now). However, hyperthyroidism can also cause high blood pressure and heart issues. He had a slight murmur, which went away when the thyroid levels became more normal, but his blood pressure is still high, so he's on a couple of medications for that. The second one we just started, and this checkup is to see if it's working as expected. Pain in the ass.

2 Comments:

Blogger General Catz said...

too bad there's no health insurance for pets. or is there?

9:09 AM  
Blogger eek said...

There is actually. But I have so many animals and they are generally quite healthy, that it's pretty much a wash financially and might even be more in my favour not to buy it as most of my pets haven't gotten major injuries or illnesses (not treatable ones anyway).

Plus, just like most human insurance they seem to have lots of restrictions on what vets you can use etc.

I keep looking into it though, because it might eventually be a good thing for me.

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home