Thursday, September 21, 2006

"You're just not very technical, are you?"

I'll have you know Mr K that I managed to download and successfully use a program to record an online stream the other day. I'm very proud of myself. :-) ...ok, so it took me two hours to figure out how to use "one-touch.... software...designed for fast setup, ease of use" but I managed it dammit! So there!

Of course I was at home on equipment I am familiar with instead of in a room being watched by all of you and there was no drummer sleeping right in front of the pc here. Hell, it was the first show I went to and I was so stressed about the whole thing I barely managed to get out of my car and into the venue. Is there any wonder I gave you that "you must be out of your fucking mind! Please don't do this to me" look when you wanted me to set up that dvd? Dear god, people...not just any people either, but but but...well, you know which people, were looking at me! And I must empahsise yet again -- there was a drummer sleeping on the floor in front of the tv (and not just any drummer either, you know!). Christ! I could just see me kicking or stepping on him -- THAT would have been just lovely. Gah. I honestly thought I was going to cry, throw up, or pass out -- maybe all three.

I'm not really completely technically inept, just pretty damned close, especially when I'm freaking out because there are people around. I actually might have been able to do the dvd thing (or at least attempt it) a couple of days later as I got a bit more comfortable as I went. Maybe. Although Tim sleeping on the floor in front of the tv would have probably put the kibosh on it then too. Just too much danger of kicking or stepping on him. And that would just be really rude.

Other than that bit though I had a really great that evening -- even if I was so nervous I felt as if I had a bit of tunnel vision. It was as if I was concentrating so hard just trying to keep it together I could only see directly in front of me most of the night. But everyone was very nice, just thoroughly decent people, and I had a great time. And I was a hell of a lot more comfortable at the end of the night than at the beginning.

And luckily for both of us I don't need to be very technical to sell and pack artwork. ;-)

2 Comments:

Blogger General Catz said...

Great story H, i could hear it over and over again. And i'm glad you finally "cracked it". Better late than never!!!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Queen Hatshepsut said...

I love your blogs H! I have to get a letter out to you soon. Miss writing you and hearing from you! Glad the art sale went well. I would've participated but I just shelled out over $600 for textbooks and I'm NOT kidding. What BS. I could've had a nice SK painting...but NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Well, I'm glad it went well for SK. KUDOS to you for all your hard work.

2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home