Friday, August 04, 2006

anticipation

Anticipation is always a big part of the fun for me. But right now the first show is 11 days away, and I'm not feeling excited about it. At all.

I don't know why. The reviews have been good. I think I'll like the format. The band even seems in good spirits. I should be delighted. But I'm just bleh. All I want to do is go to sleep and not have to wake up. Just go to sleep and drift away....

Ah well. In three weeks it will be over. And I won't be bitching about anticipation that isn't measuring up.

2 Comments:

Blogger General Catz said...

Fucking blog! Destroyed my comment! ARGH.

Anyway, what i said was:

Rememeber me telling you i felt exactly the same blah weeks before my first show? That i couldn't get into it at all?

But a few days beforehand i started getting excited. Then, when we drove there, parked at the venue and walked thru those doors... i was elated!

Don't worry, just be patient. It will happen to you too :)

11:42 AM  
Blogger Queen Hatshepsut said...

H,
That's a worrying blog!!! Like Catzy said, I think you will get into it the closer it gets. Esp. once you're in the club, and you see the guys. I just wanted the whole thing over with in one way because I felt so nervous about the first night w/SK - but it turned out so well. Write and let me know if you ever want to talk.
love ya,
d.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home