Saturday, July 01, 2006

monkey wrench

Now my brother tells me he might not get the week off he put in for after all. Well that would really fuck with my plans. Not only have I purchased tickets for all the shows, but a friend has made flight reservations to go to Chicago where we were supposed to meet, see the show there, and then head up to Milwaukee for the next show.

And the shows I am planning on are at the end of the tour so if I do have to change we will have to move everything up. And there are problems with most of the other weeks/weekends as well. The shows on weekend before for example (the PA and MI shows) are out because he has a race that weekend. I'm already disappointed not being able to get to the MI show as it is, but if I can't get to the rest of the midwestern gigs I'll really be irritated.

So after the holiday I'm going to start pursuing "Plan B" which is to check into someone outside family to care for my aunt for the time I'm gone. There is a respite care program run by the county board of mental retardation that I am going to look into. That might be something that would work for her (and me) if other arrangements can't be made.

From what I have been able to check out on their website she could get care for up to two weeks. Hey...maybe I could work in a few other shows.... hmm.... This might work out well after all... :D

5 Comments:

Blogger General Catz said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:50 AM  
Blogger General Catz said...

i hope plan B works out or i will be very unhappy. of course i'll still see them in chicago, but milwaukee will be out. do your best, i won't be mad if it doesn't pan out. i did so want to meet you and do the little pilgrimage thing tho! how fun is that?!!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Queen Hatshepsut said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:30 AM  
Blogger Queen Hatshepsut said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:31 AM  
Blogger eek said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home