Tuesday, June 06, 2006

CALMING TEA???

OMG! I LOVED SK's blog entry yesterday. I just couldn't stop laughing.

Did anyone else think "what I would give for a video of that?" Or am I a really twisted soul? Just think about it:

The horror when the long blog entry disappears; the swearing (in english and swedish); the rolling around on the floor groaning and swearing (ok, he didn't say he was swearing when he was on the floor, but you just know he was swearing too); the "calming tea? CALMING TEA???"; yelling at the closed door of the swimming pools (when the holiday is the next day); blogger issues; not being able to find a frickin' power outlet for his laptop; ranting about evil reviewers; the "cardboard box" and the "5 minutes of silence" (actually 4:33 of silence -- I looked it up :-) ); even the damned cold weather.

Just one irritation on top of another. And yet the way he wrote it was sooooo hilarious. I was just about crying I was laughing so hard.

I must admit to being able to pitch quite the fit myself. I remember one particular fit well. I don't know what set me off, but I was in rare form. Had to have been about 10-12 years old and I was mad as all hell. Screaming at the top of my lungs and jumping up and down so hard the whole house shook (I had that down to an art form -- my mum told me many years later she kept thinking "that floor isn't so hot...some day she's just going to go right through there if she keeps doing this shit."). In general, making everyone miserable. Well, I somehow decided that going outside and slamming the door would be a great idea, so I did.

And then I heard this unmistakable click as my mum locked me out. Oh. My. God. My rage level ratcheted up to a level not even I thought I could go. I was even more consumed with rage. I'm surprised I didn't blow a gasket. Now the way I could make the house shake when I jumped up and down is to lock my knees when I landed. This worked really well in the house on wood floors. It wasn't so successful on a concrete sidewalk. And it hurt like hell too. So I quickly stopped doing that, but I did scream even louder. And pounded on the door. Because now that I was locked out of the house, I wanted to go back in (so I could continue to scream and jump up and down and make everyone else miserable).

So I headed to the side of the house to open a window and climb in, screaming at the top of my lungs the whole time. So I got the window part way open -- and my mum closed it. I got it open again...and she closed it again. And the level of my rage escalated once again. This went on for a while longer, until I finally got too tired to keep on, and I stalked off to the barn.

I really don't remember much after that. I must have calmed down in the few hours I was locked out, and eventually just went back in the house and got back to my normal routine.

The next time I pitched a screaming fit I headed for the lone bathroom in the house. I figured that would fix 'em. ...unfortunately, bathrooms are incredibly boring after a couple of hours....

1 Comments:

Blogger Queen Hatshepsut said...

LOLOLOLOL!!!! Your blog today is almost as funny as Steve's. I didn't want to let him know I was indeed LAUGHING MY ASS OFF at his entire day. I'm sure that would've pissed him off even more. BUT - I was picturing the ENTIRE thing in my mind - just like a video. I would give my life's savings for a video of that day. Poor guy. I pictured him standing at the pool door with a towel in his hands...and and I don't know if I can picture him in swimming trunks/shorts/whatever. Oh god.

You started your fits early girl! And you grew up with a barn? How cool is that, to this city chick. Yeah, I've locked myself in bathrooms. BORING. How long can you look at the soap, and turn the water on and off? Once when I was 16 I got in such a bad fight with my mom I slammed my bedroom door so hard with my hand I actually fractured it. MY HAND, not the door. I've learned since then that violence against innocent doors does nothing but hurt the person. Not the door. ; )

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home