Friday, March 02, 2007

Adventures in pot pie

I just made the best homemade veggie pot pie ever! 2 medium potatoes (one was a left over baked potato from earlier this week); 2 carrots; 1/4 medium onion, 1/2 cup frozen peas; a leftover Quorn patty (removed the breading and chopped it up); a couple teaspoons flour (can probably add less next time); a half teaspoon of vegan chicken-style flavouring; and some water. Cooked it until almost tender then put it into a casserole dish, topped it with a bit of homemade pie crust and baked until the crust was nicely cooked through.

Cheap and delicious. And the crust was heavenly -- I make damn good pie crust. Perfect for a winter evening. I even have leftovers! I might add a few other veggies next time, and I could use tofu instead of the Quorn to make it vegan (or just to change it a bit) if I wanted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home