Thursday, September 06, 2007

Couldn't have said it better myself

So I'm gonna let you read what Steve wrote (you probably already have, but if you haven't go read it). Click here for a sensible and practical way of dealing with illegal drugs.

Here are some other people who agree:

Benson B. Roe, MD

Norm Stamper -- Former Seattle Police Chief

Walter Block -- professor of economics at Loyola University New Orleans

and another (very long) one from Walter Block and Meaghan Cussan. This article was in The American Journal of Economics and Sociology

Yeah, it's not just hippies and druggies who think legalisation is the way to go.

2 Comments:

Blogger snowfaller said...

I can't tell you how much I agree with Steve on this one.

I don't do any drugs other than alcohol, although I have really enjoyed pot in the past. Unfortunately, with all of the Puritanical U.S. laws in place, I just have too much to lose (like my job) if I ever got caught with illegal drugs.

I would LOVE to be able to legally obtain a joint and enjoy a pleasant night at home listening to The Church. I know it would be 10 times better than they are on a bottle of red wine, but unfortunately that's just the way it has to be.

I guarantee you SK's blog today is 100% accurate as far as controlling the price and quality (and increasing the amount of taxes the government gets) and also as far as the crime.

Oh well, I'm sure it will never happen which is sad.

7:50 PM  
Blogger veleska1970 said...

prohibition in the 1920's was probably one of the worst fiascos mankind has ever come up with. you cannot govern people's vices, so i say enough with it already.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home