Saturday, September 22, 2007

holy hell

I've been trying to set up a wireless network for my and my niece's laptops this evening and it's a fucking mess. The instructions are confusing (especially for me because I'm pretty clueless about this crap in the first place) and I'm having a hell of a time with it. I contacted customer support and was online with them for at least an hour and a half and the damned thing still isn't set up. I have to pick up an extra ethernet cable (of course I don't have an extra one >:( ) so I can physically connect the laptops to the router so the customer service person can re-set some stuff for me and then maybe they will actually work.

I know this will be nice once it's done, but right now it's such a huge headache.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I can understand. Even my husband found the set up difficult when he installed ours - and he's great with computers.

10:20 AM  
Blogger eek said...

That's a relief to know. I felt so stupid trying to get it set up. Well my niece's laptop is all set...I think all it needed was to be rebooted, so when I gave up and turned it off it that was just what it needed. I was out today and was too tired to even try to mess with mine (I'm used to pcs and this is an ibook, so it's a bit different). Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.

3:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home