Saturday, September 29, 2007

well isn't this just typical

I took one of my cats to the vet today. Nothing major, just a blood pressure check (my cat has high blood pressure -- I didn't even know until a couple of years ago they even checked blood pressure in cats...), and it went ok (still high though). So the cat and I get back in the car for the quick drive home.

And the car won't start. It won't even crank. Lovely. So I called my brother because I figured he could come take the cat home while I waited for AAA to come tow my car to the repair shop. When he comes he looks at the fuses because it seems like an electrical problem -- the ignition cut out and none of the lights (headlights, turn signals, hazards) work -- but none of them seem bad. So it will be interesting to see what does turn out to be wrong. It could be something really simple and cheap to fix, or it could be something that just isn't worth fixing. While I would like a different car (it wouldn't be new by any stretch), I hope it's a simple and cheap fix because I really don't need to be spending much right now.

Oh, and this is the second time my car has died when I'm at the vet. I think I better just stop going there. ;-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I blame the cat. Cats are sneaky that way. They are conspiring against you so you never take them to the scary vet again.

11:00 AM  
Blogger eek said...

LOL!! I think you might be right! Come to think of it Max was with me the last time the car died at the vet too. Hmm...he looks sooo innocent, but I'm starting to think he isn't as innocent as he seems.

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home