Thursday, April 30, 2009

Keys



Keys to the house my sister closed on today.

The house for me, my aunt, and all my critters.

It's kind of a short Cape Cod house (not quite as tall as most Cape Cods so the upstairs room is not good for tall people -- luckily I'm short). All the living areas Di will need are on the main floor, and then there is an additional bedroom or office (I'll use it as an office I think) upstairs, and a mostly finished basement (with second full bath). Hardwood or tile floors on the main floor, carpet upstairs, carpet in part of the basement (tile in the bathroom), concrete in the laundry room and work room (in basement). Small deck and patio out the back door (we will also put a wheelchair ramp out this door too I think). One and a half car detached garage with an additional carport. Decent sized (for the area) fenced yard -- plenty of room for Zeke to wander about and even room for a nice garden.

This is what I was referring to a while ago when I said something is going on which could be very good for me, but could be difficult and maybe bad for others. For me this house will be much easier (especially with Di) and less expensive than where I currently live which will help me out a whole lot. However, where I currently live is in one side of my brother's duplex. I pay him the same rent the last renters paid and he depends on that money. Now if he can do some minor repairs/painting/etc., and get this place rented quickly, he could do ok...he should be even be able to get more for it than he's been charging me. However, if he can't get it rented quickly, he doesn't have a lot in reserve right now.

So I hate to be the straw that breaks his back so to speak, but I also couldn't afford my current expenses for a whole lot longer. My sister's offering me the chance to get back on my feet financially as well as have a suitable place for Di. I certainly can't pass that up.

Now I have to move all my crap over there. Luckily it's only a few miles away, but it's going to be a VERY busy several weeks.

Pics the next week! I hope.

5 Comments:

Blogger veleska1970 said...

congrats on your new pad!! but i don't know which is worse~~the actual moving, or living out of boxes for a month after the move. ;)

11:26 PM  
Blogger General Catz said...

That's great H. It's so exciting to move into a new place. Be sure to post a photo of your office when you've got it kitted out. I love people's offices :)

8:22 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

That's wonderful news, Holly. The house sounds really cute, and roomy. I live in a "mid-century" track house so I'm envious of anything with character. Good luck with the move. Looking forward to more pix..

1:20 PM  
Blogger Queen Hatshepsut said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! Do get us pics as soon as you're settled (which could be a while I know). :)

5:51 PM  
Blogger Freddie said...

Awesome! :-)

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home