Tuesday, December 13, 2005

silver lining

One good thing about having a stomach bug...I haven't needed to wash dishes in days! :-)

I also got yet another reminder I'm not living in a rural area/small town anymore. Around 4:30 this afternoon I went out to the post office to send off a small package (international and I didn't know how much postage it required, so I needed to go to the counter). The parking lot was packed and there was a huge line. OK...this might not shock most people, especially being this close to Christmas and all, but damn! A line at the post office for me, even at Christmas, is maybe three people. And the only time the parking lot is packed is on bowling league nights (the post office was right next to a bowling alley).

Anyway, I bought a book of stamps from the vending machine (which had a line of it's own, but much shorter) and bailed out with international package still in hand. I figured it wasn't worth the long wait for one measly little package. I will be having at least one more package that needs to go out as well, so if I have to stand in line it might as well be once for both things than twice for one thing each.

4 Comments:

Blogger General Catz said...

didn't they have a scale there you could weigh the package and put the right amount of stamps on it? ours all do. but then again i'm not sure what country you live in...

5:26 PM  
Blogger eek said...

They did, but then you couldn't put international mail in the drop off chute, so I was out of luck with that. If it had been domestic though I would have been all over it!

(I'm in the US)

6:21 PM  
Blogger General Catz said...

sorry to hear it. we have a fancy new contraption at my local postie where you can do your own postage for packages anywhere in the world. it's rather nice :)

hope you're feeling better.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Tony Pucci said...

I HAAAATE the post office in December!!!!

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home