Saturday, October 07, 2006

Yay!

My brother and a friend of his race motorcycles -- mostly three hour endurance races -- for fun. I don't know a lot of the specifics of what they race, but the bike they race is older, heavier, and slower than everyone else in their division. It's also older, heavier, and slower than most of the other bikes in the race (various divisions race together -- like in a marathon) and their division isn't generally considered the fastest anyway.

So anyway, they have racing in a series since May and were in a three-way battle for the division championship. The last race was today, and whichever of the top three teams won the race would also win the overall season championship for that division. The only really tricky thing for my brother's team is they hadn't won a race all season. I think they finished second once, and they finished third several times, but they hadn't broken through and won.

Well...today they won! Not only did they win their division and the season championship for that division, but they also won the overall race! I'm so excited for them, everything worked out perfectly this time. Plus my niece was there to witness it all so that's an extra thrill both for her and for my brother. She's been to about half the races -- I'm glad she was able to be there for this one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And yay for PV who got mentioned in Stevie's blog. Go Pablo! Hehe...I don't think he got mentioned once during the US tour although he was with them for most of it. He had to go to Australia to get a mention. I just thought that was kinda amusing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm trying to spend less time online and more time getting my own work done. I've really let things slide recently (and not so recently), so I really need to get myself in gear. I work the shop this Wednesday and Thursday, so I'd like to have at least a few new things to take in then. With the Christmas season coming up I could make a tidy profit, but only if I have things to sell. So that's what I'm gonna work on over the next few months.

I imagine I will still post a few places if I feel like it, and I might blog a bit too (that's been lax at best lately anyway), but I've just been spending waaaaay too much time just surfing and goofing off online, and that's what I'm cutting down on.

We'll see how long it lasts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home