Sunday, June 17, 2007

BOC





Here are a couple of pics of BOC (Battered Old Cat) another stray tomcat that comes around. This guy tends to come around only when he is hungry or wants a safe place to snooze, so I don't see him nearly as often as I see LBC. LBC really likes the company, so I think he comes to visit just to visit as much as to eat sometimes. BOC on the other hand loves me when I have food and will let me pat him (and actually seems to enjoy it), but usually once the food is gone, he's ready to head back out.

It's hard to see all the scarring he has in these pictures, but he's pretty scarred up. He still gets around well though and doesn't seem interested in settling down anywhere right now.

3 Comments:

Blogger veleska1970 said...

man, that cat is a war veteran, all right. that was the first thing i noticed in the photo. he has definitely been around the block a few times. i wonder how old he is??

9:48 AM  
Blogger eek said...

I'm not sure he's super old or if he just seems old because he's lived hard. Of course, old for an unaltered tomcat that is pretty much on his own is probably younger than an indoor cat with all with decent food and vet care (and without fights!). His ears have been so battered they are permanently flattened. It makes him look always frightened or angry even when he isn't. He also has these strange light eyes which also make him look worried.

I figure I am providing him with decent food, a safe place to rest, and company if he wants it. And overall he does seem happy enough.

4:42 AM  
Blogger snowfaller said...

Wow - glad to see he is hanging in there...

If my rescued stray only knew how lucky he is!!!

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home