Sunday, October 07, 2007

oh

I had an "oh" moment yesterday. One of those things that catches you by surprise and puts you in your place. Never overly harsh, but it does let you know where you stand and it's not where you thought you did.

On the plus side I also had a "yay!" moment. I worked at the arts coop shop for another member (and will get paid for it, so that's another "yay!") and when I went in I noticed there was a largish piece was missing from my display. I though "oh I hope someone hasn't just moved it" and quickly checked in the sales book. Sure enough it had sold just the day before! I made that piece years ago and had just about given up hope it would ever sell. It was a floral piece and had good quality glass, but it wasn't particularly flashy. A couple of years ago I marked it 40% off, but it still took this long to sell! It wasn't a particularly expensive piece, so with 40% off it won't net me a lot, but it was still a rush to know someone bought the damned thing.

2 Comments:

Blogger veleska1970 said...

hooray for your "yay" moment!!!

8:53 AM  
Blogger General Catz said...

Congrats on the sale! Wow.

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home