Thursday, December 06, 2007

The Crazy Cat Lady Strikes Again

Yep. I have a new cat. Well he's not exactly new, he's just newly official. LBC (Little Black Cat -- who isn't all that little anymore) was meowing on the back deck Monday morning and when I patted him all I could think is "if I don't get him soon he could very well go the same route as Bruiser in a year or two" and I didn't want that. So I grabbed him, brought him in the house and called my vet as soon as they were open. I got an appointment for a check up and to start shots (if he got negative feline leukemia and FIV test results which he did) and then we would set up an appointment for neutering a bit later.

Well that quick appointment turned into "we have time today, would you like to get him neutered now?" to which I said "Yes!" I figured the sooner we got that done the better. I was supposed to go to a meeting later that evening and if everything ran according to schedule it would have been fine, but by the time I got out of the vet with him it was an hour later than expected and more than a half hour after I was supposed to have left for my meeting (which was 61 miles away). I still had to get the cat settled in and was suddenly very tired and feeling kind of sick (nothing real major, just a cold). So I didn't get to the meeting.

Anyway the cat is great. He's very sweet but he really really wants to go outside. When I go in and out of the house and when I go to bed I put him in a cage with a litter box, a bed, and food and water. It's large enough that he can move around well and it prevents him from getting out accidentally (my brother is re-doing his bathroom and right now it is all ripped out so he comes over here to use the bathroom and shower). When I'm here and the more agressive/pushy cats are in another room I let him out to roam around the house. He knows were the doors to the outside are and he seems fairly comfortable wandering around in here. He's found Diane's bed and likes to snooze on the pillow. Smart little devil.

I'm having a hell of a time coming up with a name for him though. I've called him Little Black Cat for several months now and although I don't really want to keep that name nothing else is really grabbing me at the moment. I suppose as I deal with him more an appropriate name will come to me.

2 Comments:

Blogger General Catz said...

Congrats on your new baby. I think LBC is a good name. Don't you?

12:41 PM  
Blogger veleska1970 said...

happy for your new family addition. i'm sure he will have a loving home now....better than being on the street!!

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home