Tuesday, January 22, 2008

weather/seasons

One of Veleska's blog posts (from about three weeks ago -- I said I was running waaaay behind!) was about the difference in the winter temps in NOLA and in N. Texas. She wrote that while N. Texas can have some pretty cold weather, freezing temps in NOLA are pretty much newsworthy. I was pondering what she wrote while I was driving one day and "Wow! V is used to only two seasons -- stinking hot and warm" popped into my mind.

Then I started thinking about the seasons I am used to. Because I've lived in pretty much one area most of my life (SW and now central OH), I consider the seasons as I'm used to them as being normal. And the seasons here are actually pretty evenly distributed -- basically winter, spring, summer and fall each last approx three months. Yes, we can have snowstorms in mid-April, hard freezes in mid-May, or have temps in the 70s and still be mowing the lawn in November and early December, but these occurrences aren't typical. For the most part Dec-Feb is winter; March-May is spring; June-August is summer, and Sept-Nov is fall here.

Maybe it's because I'm used to them, but I basically like the seasons here. I get to have a nice taste of each one, yet none last so long that I get sick of them (well...usually ;-) ).

(yeah, yeah, this blog is pretty pointless, but what the hell. It's the best my furry little brain could manage right now.)

2 Comments:

Blogger General Catz said...

You are very fortunate. I would love to live in an area that has 4 seasons. Here, it's either hot or cold. We have a 100 degree difference sometimes during the year. In LA it was balmy most of the time and in the south of England it was usually just cold, although sometimes summer was pleasant.

I'm quite envious.

9:49 AM  
Blogger veleska1970 said...

back home it isn't unusual to have such warm days in december you are wearing shorts.

and oh, did i mention the wind up here? it's always, always windy up here during the cold season, but never in the hot season, when we REALLY need it.

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home