Friday, June 06, 2008

Exhibit pics

These are just very quick snapshots I took. I'm sure the photos taken by Fipster (the Church discography website guy) will be a whole lot better. These are just to show the basic layout. There are still five more paintings yet to go up (they will be up by the reception); a few paintings will be moved when the new ones get there; and a couple of other things will be moved in the area too.


The pedestal in the corner will be removed, and the blank space behind it will have a painting in it. The tables will most likely be moved for the reception (covered and used to hold food and drinks). The one next to the flip bin (holding various prints and maybe even some older originals) has a small cd player to play a recording of Steve reading his Jim's Mirror blog entry. It sounds absolutely sublime.


I need to get some better light on The Vegetalista (the pic in the center).


The painting closest to the camera might be moved for one of the new ones which I think will be large -- the same size as the pic in the middle of this pic. If there is room I will put four pics on this wall, but I think the larger pic will take up any extra space. Beyond the doorway is another of Steve's paintings (Painkiller right now, but will be a commissioned piece by reception time).


The David McComb painting and a couple racks of cards. There are over 120 different card designs in those holders! I need to remember to remove that extra hanging bracket.


A series of smaller paintings is in the hallway. I could have packed more into the main room by putting some over the doorways and fitting more closer together, but they would be hard to see there and I didn't want to crowd them, so I thought the hall way a better option. They actually show up pretty well there.


A view from the other end of the hall. Same pics as in the photo above.

I'll try to get more photos from the reception...the place actually cleans up pretty nicely. I really hope it goes well....

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! :) Looks like you're doing a great job there, really enjoy looking at these pic's! Good luck Holly - I'm sure everything will go wonderfully well!

6:39 AM  
Blogger Lian said...

Thanks eek! I believe it is not only me feeling grateful for your today's blog.

The paintings are just great!

11:38 AM  
Blogger General Catz said...

Unbelievable! They look smashing. You've outdone yourself, H. Let us know how the opening/sales go.

9:54 PM  
Blogger veleska1970 said...

thanks for the pix. but it just makes me more heartbroken that i can't attend.

:*(

10:23 PM  
Blogger redgrevillea said...

Hi Eek,

Thanks for getting back to me and for following up, no rush with the email, when it all calms down etc is fine.

Great pix, the exhibition looks Awesome!!! How wonderful it must be to spend all one's time amidst those paintings and prints! - though you're obviously very busy.

Kind regards, Ross

11:15 PM  
Blogger Queen Hatshepsut said...

How did I miss this blog? It looks fantastic - his works remind me of my little stint taking care of SK's art here in L.A. Ahhh, nostalgia.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home