Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Hot Damn!

I had FIVE new messages on my answering machine tonight when I got home! Yeah I know to many/most people that's not a whole lot, but there have been whole months where I haven't gotten five calls on my home phone, so five calls in one day is amazing.

Unfortunately they were all automated and they were all encouraging me to vote for various candidates in the primary today, so I'm not really loved I just have my name on a bunch of candidates' phone lists. I can't help any of them out this time though as I found out when I went to renew my driver's license that although I had changed my address on the voter registration roles when I moved, but somehow my county didn't get changed. So I did get it corrected, but it was less than 30 days before the primary, so I can't vote. It's all good to go for November though and that's the biggie. I had pretty much decided not to vote in the primary anyway, but I was waffling until I found out about this. Now I don't have to feel guilty about blowing it off. :-)

And I'm so damned tired of the presidential campaign anyway that I decided to mostly ignore it as much as possible until a month or two before the general election. I'm having mixed success with that plan, but I have a very limited tolerance for politics and politicians and I want to make sure I'm not completely burned out in November.

2 Comments:

Blogger veleska1970 said...

"I had FIVE new messages on my answering machine tonight when I got home!"

that's exciting. sheesh~~i'm happy when i get five e-mails in a month!!!!!

**sulking**

yeah, the big one was here in texas yesterday, too. i'm sick of hearing about this election and just want it over with already. :(

4:31 PM  
Blogger ScaughtFive said...

I got four over this Easter weakend. Three of them were from the same person though and they were throwing a big wobbler. So, really that's two and that means I gotcha beat in the radio silence category.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home