Saturday, March 08, 2008

A whole lotta snow!

According to weather.com Columbus got 20.4 inches of snow yesterday and today. It's a new record -- the previous high was 15.3" in 1910. Isn't that just lovely? I certainly believe it -- there's a hell of a lot of snow out there! Maybe this will teach me to keep my big mouth shut about winter being pretty much over by the end of February here. The snow drifted into my front porch -- it's at least a foot deep there in places. I can barely open the door. The back deck isn't much better -- I had to dig a path from the door, down the steps, and then clear a little space in the yard for the dog to go out and do his business (Zeke is a wuss). Haven't gotten out to where the car is yet. Hell I can't even take the garbage out until I shovel a path.

My brother got stuck -- three times -- once on a side road and twice in the alley behind the house (we each have one side of a duplex) trying to get home, so I know my ratty little car isn't going anywhere until I can dig a bunch of snow out of the way. At least it's only a short way along the alley to a main road, but there is a whole lot of digging yet to do just to get to the car.

I will try to post pics tomorrow.

4 Comments:

Blogger General Catz said...

Question: do you have to get snow off the roof so it doesn't cave in?

I wish i'd seen your winter wonderland. I guess i have to wait for pics.

Hope you get a reprieve and can get the driveway open.

11:14 AM  
Blogger veleska1970 said...

TWENTY INCHES?!?!!! jeeeezzzummm...that's almost two feet.

yeah, when we got the snow we got the other day, the news was saying it's most unusual for this area to get snow this late in the year. looks like it's unusual for everyone.

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

6:45 AM  
Blogger veleska1970 said...

heya~~you haven't updated in a while and i just wanna say i hope everything's ok with you. how's preparations for the exhibit going?

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home