Monday, June 09, 2008

if I consider it a dress rehearsal...

maybe I won't be as disappointed.

The turnout was dismal -- the people who came were great, but there were damned few of them. The exhibit looks great (all the pieces are up now -- I'll get some more pics and put them up here) and Steve was interesting and hilarious and talked with us for a long time (over an hour), but only a few people came to see it and hear him.

Maybe they are all planning to come next weekend and catch Street Fair too or aiming for the second reception on the 20th, but I'm so discouraged right now I'm not counting on it. At least the next reception is set as Art Stroll for the whole town so there should be more people coming into the shop, even if they aren't there specifically for the SK exhibit. Might make a few new SK art fans. :-)

On the good side:

- fipster came and took pics and will work up a nice virtual tour of it. I'm looking forward to seeing that.

- met Kat (and her friend Debbie -- I think that's her name). That was enjoyable

- the paintings Steve came up for this really are wonderful and I'm very proud of him

- Steve was lovely and chatted happily about his art

But overall...sigh.

2 Comments:

Blogger General Catz said...

I'm sorry it wasn't what you expected, but you never know. This thing could pick up some steam. Did you let the press know about it? A little newspaper space works magic. Maybe for the 20th?

7:18 PM  
Blogger jafabrit said...

I did put some info on the ys blog, but if you want to add to it, just let me know at:
ysartsguild@yahoo.com

Lovely show :)

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home