Friday, June 06, 2008

in less than 24 hours....

In less than 24 hours the first reception for the Stevie show (SK's art exhibition ;-) ) will be over. I am sooo stressed about it. I still have loads to do before it happens and I doubt I'll get all of it done. Granted it will happen whether I get these things done or not, but the more I get done the better it will look/work. I still need to put up several paintings (still being framed) and need to put some of the older original paintings in protective bags (they are gouache/pastel on watercolour paper so they need to be covered if they are going to be handled a lot) so people can check out those too.

I got a bunch of stuff for the reception (it's a casual place so the food is casual too) -- fresh fruit (cut up), veggies and dip, pub mix, chips and salsa, mixed nuts, mini cream puffs, mini cheesecake squares, soda (coke & 7up or sprite), wine, and bottled water (it's gonna be hot so I figured water would be good). I sure hope there is at least one other co-op member there to help me set up as I suck at this stuff. I guess the person working tomorrow can help if it's not hugely busy. I emailed the group (co-op) to see if I could borrow a cooler from anyone so I could put the drinks in there and then fill with ice (the little fridge we have at the shop freezes everything), but I haven't heard from anyone yet. I can brorrow one of my brother's if need be, but would like not to have to haul it around if I don't have to.

Steve is supposed to call between 7 and 7:30 pm (my time) so people who show up right on time for the reception (the exhibit will be open all day) will have time to check everything out before he calls. That should be fun and interesting -- I just hope everyone will be able to hear with the speakerphone. I did give it a test last week and it did ok, but I'm still a bit stressed over it.

And the thing most stressing me out is...cue dramatic music.... What if no one shows up? Ack!!

3 Comments:

Blogger General Catz said...

Where's my invitation?

I doubt you have to worry about people showing up. It's a unique and interesting exhibit. Be sure to take more photos so we can see how it went!

8:42 AM  
Blogger Lian said...

I can see every tiny effort you've put in the exhibition.

Don't be nervous, sure you can handle it.

waiting for the good news patiently.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Queen Hatshepsut said...

I'm really impressed with this and I haven't even seen it and I won't be able to attend! Sorry, haha.

Seriously, you've done loads of work - congrats! I'm certain people will show. GOOD LUCK and definitely take pics!

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home