Monday, September 08, 2008

okey dokey then...

I admit it. I'm dying to know what the fuck the person who wrote this (in the comments section of SK's blog Sept.8th) was thinking, but I'd be damned if I'd even acknowledge it there.

Hey Kilbey

You know how your band has been raping the reputations of Australian women? Was that to keep your handful of devoted USA fans happy? Way to go, get rid of your Australian market to keep the anal ones, and promote sexism in Australia at the same time.

I used to be fan. How embarrassing.
10:48 AM

I have two theories:

1) troll. Someone wrote this purely for the reaction. They conjured up something that sounded kind of scandalous and are enjoying seeing who will jump for it. I think this is very possible.

2) it's the ravings of a loon, who fully believes this, even though no one else has a clue what he/she is talking about. This is very possible too.

What I particularly like about this comment is that the whole band are apparently horribly misogynistic, but only about Australian women. So what would that be called? MisOZgynistic, perhaps? :-) And I'm wondering just what set the person off. Hmm...just what did SK say on Rockwiz anyway!!! :-D

4 Comments:

Blogger redgrevillea said...

I only just had a look at sk's blog now (a bit to catch up on admittedly!). The answer is definitely either 1/ or 2/ or a mixture of both.

All Steve did at Rockwiz was offer to pose his yoga stances, having everyone laughing in the process!

9:15 AM  
Blogger General Catz said...

What a idiotic load of bullshit. It makes no sense whatsoever. The Church are one of the least misogynistic bands ever. I think this person was having a bad day as well as trolling and being a loon.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Queen Hatshepsut said...

I'm going for the loon vote. But you know, trolling on SK's blog is so popular, that could be it too.

I remember reading that and just thinking WTF? Did I miss some huge controversy or something? Then I thought no, probably just a nut trying to get a reaction.

3:27 PM  
Blogger veleska1970 said...

you and i have discussed this in detail several times before. i have my suspicions as to who(m) it is.

it's just best to ignore the asshole. he/she won't go away, but the less reactions they get, the better. sooner or later they WILL get the message.

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home