Wednesday, July 02, 2008

ugh

I've been sick as a dog for the past couple of days. Late Sunday night I started feeling queasy while I was working on a piece of glass I had to finish up so I could take it in to the shop Monday (special order for a guy who bought it Friday). So I just finish up the glass when all of a sudden WHAM! I get smacked by a nasty stomach bug. I'll spare you the gory details -- and they are gory indeed, I must say -- but I have been one very miserable blob lately.

I couldn't even get poor Diane to bed until mid-afternoon Monday because I simply couldn't move. Luckily she has a comfy chair in the living room and did quite well...but she was really happy to finally get to bed! Wasn't able to feed the cats either -- I do have dry food out all the time, but poor toothless Loki was starting to wonder if he was ever going to eat again (I'm wondering that about myself now too, although it probably wouldn't hurt much if I laid off the food for a while...). Several of the cats thought me being sick was great (except for the lack of food part that is) because they could hang out in bed (when I wasn't in the bathroom) all day and night long. Loki especially was quite the snugglebunny although now that I think about it I'm not sure it's because he loves me so much or if he was just making sure he'd get fed first when I finally got the hell up!

I'm starting to feel like I'm gonna live, but I ache all over. Trust me on this -- laughing, especially after puking for hours on end, is no damned fun.

3 Comments:

Blogger General Catz said...

Poor thing. Stomach bugs are probably the worst. I hope you're back on your feet soon and Loki gets some food.

I feed Hame only dry food, you think that's ok? If i feed her wet, she gets the runs.

8:55 AM  
Blogger eek said...

I am feeling better today and Loki got to eat, so we're getting back to normal.

I actually prefer to feed my cats dry food and most get only a tiny bit of canned food. Dry food is a whole lot easier to feed and is better for their teeth. But my oldest cats -- Mitzi, Max and Loki -- do better on the canned food because of their age and health issues. Mitzi and Max do eat some dry food too, but Loki has no teeth, so it's canned food all the way for him.

9:16 AM  
Blogger veleska1970 said...

ugh. i hate stomach bugs. but they are not as bad as food poisoning, though. i've had that and i cannot describe it to someone.

glad you're feeling better....

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home