Saturday, August 02, 2008

crud

Just a minor crud, but still a crud. I'm having Blogger issues today. I can get to my dashboard and post a blog, but I'm having trouble getting to other people's (and sometimes mine too) blogs to read and comment on them. When I go to a blog it shows up for a split second and then I get a IE pop up telling me "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site [site addy]. Operation aborted." over top of the fucking blog I am trying to reach. I feel like screaming at the screen "What do you mean you can't open www.blahblahblah" You just [i]did[/i] open the fucking thing!!" Ok, I do have to admit I actually did mutter that at the screen a few times, but at least I didn't scream it. Not yet anyway.

Then when I click on this pop up, the blog I was trying to reach does indeed go away and is replaced with the damned Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage screen. And I can't simply click on the underlying page and have it jump over the pop up like you can with a normal pop up. Nooooo, this pop up won't let anything move underneath it until you click on it. Nasty attention seeking pop up. I'd like to slap it's smug little pop up face.

Anyway, I'm hoping the issue resolves itself (I'm pretty sure it's a blogger issue since it isn't happening with any other sites I've tried today) shortly, but until then I can't read or comment on any of the Blogger blogs I usually do. I'll keep checking though (well, not right now, I'm going to go to bed now that I got myself irritated).

4 Comments:

Blogger General Catz said...

Just make sure you haven't got a worm. You might want to download firefox and see if it happens with that, too.

12:10 PM  
Blogger redgrevillea said...

and I thought it was just me!!

i thought, could be the computer, could be my dialup connection...then I wondered...maybe Steve's pissed with me for some reason!! (~that was a mild wave of paranoia that passed quickly~)

silly! there's no way steve can find personal ip addresses and inflict abort messages on them...for a moment i thought that though...hmmm!

7:46 AM  
Blogger veleska1970 said...

i hate internet explorer. but then, at the same time, i have firefox and made the mistake of downloading version 3. it sucks big time.

i have to subscribe to the old adage of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

9:27 PM  
Blogger veleska1970 said...

oh, i forgot to mention that blogger screws up all...the....time.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home