Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Blah

I hate moving.

And I'm not very good at it. I've been packing stuff and throwing stuff out and dragging stuff over to the new place for weeks, yet there is still oodles yet to pack and move (and throw away) yet. Where does it all come from??? I swear all my stuff must be screwing around at night because it must be procreating. At least someone...or something... is getting lucky. Sadly, it sure isn't me. :-(

I'm a little frustrated because although my brother is big on "families help each other" I've not gotten diddly in the help department from him. He did pick up and bring in the love seat sleeper sofa I bought used (I think he only did that because his girlfriend was there and asked him to...when I ask he just gives me this blank look) but for the most part it's just me. The sofa, by the way, cost a grand total of $19.41! and it's pretty damned nice too -- I am pretty pleased with that. There is soooo much stuff, and I'm really tired and sore. I'm hoping to get the furniture moved over (having to hire someone -- how come he can always help his friends but not me?) by the very first of next week so I can have a few days to get Diane and the cats and dogs settled in before I leave for my Church excursion.

I kind of wish the Church tour was a month or so later this year because it's such a hassle getting moved before going. As it is I'll have to do a bunch of clean up at the old place when I get home from it. I suspect when I get back I just won't give a shit and will hire someone to clean out whatever is left. I can't really afford that, but I also can't afford to kill myself over cleaning it out either. I will enjoy the gigs (and the time off) though, damn it!

On the plus side -- the new place is beginning to feel more and more like home. If I can just finally get completely moved in here it will be nice.

4 Comments:

Blogger General Catz said...

It will be better once you're completely moved in and get some things put away. True, everything always seems to happen at once. Why can't it be spread out over the year?

Great find on the sofa. Sheesh!

Have a great time on the Church tour. I know you will. Try to blog if you can while on the road. Borrow Steve's computer!

8:57 AM  
Blogger veleska1970 said...

if i lived closer, i'd be more than happy to come by and help. i have to giggle at your remark that all your stuff must be procreating. that does seem to be the case when you move, doesn't it? you never know where it all came from and you also never know where the hell to put it.

$19.41 for a sleeper sofa? how did you get lucky and land that deal?? you need to post a pic.

i'm with s~~borrow steve's computer if you can and blog about the shows you'll be seeing. i think he mentioned the other day that he bought a new one, so that would give you a good excuse to break it in for him. ;)

6:25 PM  
Blogger eek said...

The movers are coming on Tuesday, so that will give me a few more days to pack up/clean out stuff; and then a few days to settle in before leaving on my Church excursion. I'll be really relieved to get in here. I will still have to do some cleaning up of the old place when I get back, but it won't be too bad.

Guess what? I got a decent arm chair for $25 today! My brother's girlfriend likes to check out the Goodwill stores etc., so I told her what I was looking for and she found both of them for me. I had said I was hoping to find a chair for $50 or so. To get the love-seat and the chair for under $50 is great! They don't match, but the love-seat is tan and the chair is mostly tan with green stripes, so the look ok. And since my "style" is pretty much Early American Whatever-I-Can-Get-That-Works, it's pretty much par for my course. :-)

I will try to blog during my trip -- and I'm going to try to actually take some pics this time! My first Church tour in 2004 I didn't bring a camera; last time in 2006 I brought one, but didn't take it to any venues; this time I plan to not only take one, but use it! :-D

10:07 PM  
Blogger Queen Hatshepsut said...

MOving SUCKS! You cracked me up with your comment about your stuff getting lucky at night and procreating. My stuff isn't even getting lucky. Sad.

I wish I could help - I just helped my friend move and I WOULD help you.

I'm very excited about you going to the Church shows, especially since I missed mine. : ( I want ALLLLLLL the dirty details! LOL!

And no, I don't know what the holy Hell I'm doing awake at 5: 20 a.m. on a Saturday morning.

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home