Thursday, October 11, 2007

that was good

I just got a call from a telemarketer -- my landline telephone company. Of course what they are trying to do is get me to sign up for their internet, or satellite tv, or cell phone service, but I declined all. Then she asked if I wanted to upgrade my landline phone service to include long distance and I said "no, but I would like to drop my voice mail." So as of tomorrow voice mail will be off my landline phone. :-)

While I'm sure they prefer to sell services when they make these calls, it's good business to make an existing customer happy, which removing that voice mail did for me. I'm more apt to keep the basic service now because it costs me less, and because they made it so easy to do I'll be more apt to think of them if I ever do want to change my cell or internet provider or get satellite tv.

I just did a little ebay shopping spree. I bought an outdoor electric heat mat and a microwaveable disc to help keep the outdoor (stray) kitties warm. My brother is supposed to build little house for them, but I seriously doubt that is going to happen. I suck at building stuff, but I figure with some heavy cardboard boxes, thick styrofoam sheets, heavy plastic sheeting, and some duct tape I can come up with something that will keep them warm -- especially with the heated mat and microwave disc.

I also bought a battery for my ibook, since the original one doesn't hold much of a charge any more. Not having to be tethered to a power source will make the wireless more usable. I still fear I will probably regret this whole idea (which you, my dear readers ;-) will learn more about in the next couple of months), but bad ideas have never stopped me before. Even when they should. :-)

And lastly I bought a futon frame and cover. I already have a twin size futon mattress that I bought the last time Diane sprained and ankle and couldn't get up the stairs. A full size futon is just too big for the room, so I figured a twin size would be good as an emergency bed for Di or my niece if she stays over, and would make a nice lounger for watching movies, etc. otherwise. It shouldn't take up a whole lot of room either. I'm hoping it won't be another of my "what was I thinking?!?" purchases. Time will tell.

2 Comments:

Blogger General Catz said...

Shopping sprees on ebay! Yay!

I had the same call from my phone company but she would not take no for an answer. Just kept asking over and over did i want x,y,z. Finally i said "This conversation is over." And she kept right on going, so i said bye and hung up. Really pissed me off.

Hope your kitties stay warm.

9:14 AM  
Blogger veleska1970 said...

telemarkets never get very far with me. as soon as they start, i inform them i'm "not interested" and quietly hang up.

;)

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home