Wednesday, October 10, 2007

YES!!

I got my fucking wireless connection set up!!!

I have no idea how though. I've been ignoring it for a few weeks, but decided to give it another try today, so I turned on my laptop and there it was. :-) My guess is all I really needed to do to have it work the last time was to reboot, but I'm going to tell everyone what did it was the power of my ignoring it.

Now I have to figure out how to get this freaking iSight camera to work...and figure out how the laptop works too. And I should get a new battery too as this one is toast (the laptop is used of course). It's an ibook, I've never used a mac before, and I'm totally incompetent. Should be a good time.

Sometimes I really wonder if the project I bought the ibook and isight for will be worth the effort. I imagine I will have a few more meltdowns before I know the answer.

5 Comments:

Blogger veleska1970 said...

macs are very easy to use. much easier than a freakin' windows-based.

i have faith that there won't be too many more meltdowns....if any. :)

8:21 PM  
Blogger eek said...

I'm still struggling on the really basic stuff, not any major applications. For instance my niece was playing with it and the Safari icon disappeared from the toolbar and I'll be damned if I can figure out how to get it back there. Then I have to remember where else to go to find it and even then I think it's mostly luck that I ever get online.

And thus far I have only figure out how to delete backwards. There's a delete key, but you have to have the cursor at the end of what you want to delete instead of at the beginning. There is probably a way to delete forward, but I sure as hell haven't figured it out.

STOP LAUGHING!!! I can't even delete properly, how the hell am I ever going to do this video conferencing thing? And in public and under pressure to boot. Gah. Sometimes I wonder what the hell I was thinking when I come up with these idiot ideas. >:(

8:55 PM  
Blogger General Catz said...

Wow, that's amazing! I'm too scared to try the bluetooth from my cell to my computer. I have NO idea what to do.

I envy you having a mac, i love them but they are so expensive and i can't use them to vpn to work, we're not set up for it. So it would be an expensive book end.

8:51 AM  
Blogger General Catz said...

Also, dump Safari. They haven't updated it in years, according to my mac expert friend. Use Firefox, much superior.

8:52 AM  
Blogger eek said...

This ibook is supposed to have bluetooth, but I don't even know what bluetooth is.... Wah!!

I might very well get Firefox for the ibook once I get a little more used to it, but right now I fear I'd screw it up if I tried to change it. It's hell being this incompetent! :-(

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home